Wednesday, August 6, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

I just signed a deal with the megacorporations. I agreed to plug for their brands on my internationally famous blog in exchange for all of the moneys. Thus, I declare my undying love for the following.

Coca-Cola- There's a reason this is America's biggest culinary export. Coca-Cola is so good it beats most high end sodas to a pulp, and remains the finest cola I have ever tasted, especially if you can find the cane sugar incarnation they still make a few of.

Reed's Ginger Beer- This is definitely a high end soda at around a dollar per bottle, but you have never tasted ginger ale like this. Don't buy Regular-- get either Premium or Extra, depending on how much kick you want.

Pabst Blue Ribbon- The best cheap beer available, I just can't get past the the taste per dollar ratio or the fact that drinking like a pauper can be made bearable. Does anyone else taste apples in it? Someone suggested I was tasting metal shavings. Whatever, it's delicious.

Bacardi Superior Rum- This is a college standard because it's good and it's cheap. It isn't perfect, but it makes a great mixer.

Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn- We haven't bought this for a long time because of our crappy microwave and shoestring budget. Instead we make popcorn from scratch. Though I highly recommend making popcorn from scratch and as amazing as it will taste, Orville Redenbacher's will taste better.

Valrhona 71% Dark Chocolate- Back in my senior year I methodically tasted all of the "superdark" chocolate brands and this came out the clear winner. Under two dollars at Trader Joe's, this is a luxury even college students can afford from time to time.
UPDATE: Undoubtedly due to the buzz created by this post, the price of Valrhona has more than doubled in recent years to four dollars, a figure which more accurately reflects the quality of the chocolate but unfortunately lofts it above my financial reach.

Horizon Egg Nog- Completely unaffordable at over four dollars per quart, Horizon's egg nog is equally unsurpassed in sheer quality. Chalk another one up to Mr. Speidel.

Marachuan Shrimp Flavor Ramen- So cheap and easy and delicious. Infinitely better than the inferior chicken and beef versions.

Frescheta Frozen Pizza- This isn't the cheapest frozen pizza unless it's on sale, but this is the best pizza in the grocery store and tastes better than most pizza places. Who said eating out tasted better or was more convenient?

2 comments:

wrob said...

I can't stomach milk chocolate, but find the 65% dark is about my limit...

Jillian Miller said...

I am finally reading your entire blog and commenting in random order.
Why is rum better then vodka again?
And the pizza is delicious.