Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Bitter Max

I invented a drink and I call it the Bitter Max. It is essentially a glorified rum and coke, designed as a way to drink cheap Bacardi rum with utmost style and alarming speed.

To make, take a slice of lime and squeeze it into a small glass with enough aggression to bruise the rind (muddling works well). Drop in the slice, then add two dashes angostura bitters. Fill the glass completely with ice, then pour a shot of white rum over it. Add two equivalents of Coca-Cola and drink once it cools to ice temperature.

The bitterness of the lime rind combines with the bitters and the high alcohol content to make for a strong first sip. Successive sips reveal the drink to be rather quaffable.


I am very proud of my jam jar cocktail glasses and 50mL beaker.

3 comments:

Brandon Key said...

yummy yum yum. I think I'll make me a bitter max right away!

Unknown said...

Love the twist to a classic (my favorite drink of all time)
Will try one after the bambino is born!
Keep the ideas flowing!
Libby

Max said...

Try it with tequila